Monday, April 4, 2011

The Onion's "World of World of Warcraft"

This is an old one, but I wanted to write a blog post about it since we just watched eXistenZ and maybe all needed something a little more light-hearted. The Onion's "World of World of Warcraft" is in itself a parody of role-playing video games that also pokes fun at the ubiquitous and at times seemingly ridiculous presence of avatars and alternate online identities. No description of mine can do the video justice, so I will let you watch it below:


'Warcraft' Sequel Lets Gamers Play A Character Playing 'Warcraft'

1 comment:

  1. Haha, this is one of the best things I have ever seen! I just did a blog post about people getting lost in these virtual spaces but I think this post does a great job of summing everything up. The sad thing is that I bet a lot of people would play this game, even if it is a parody.

    ReplyDelete